SPORTS COACH (HLTA) LEVEL 4
Permanent, 36 hours per week over 5 days (Term Time Only)
Grade F SCP17 - 22
To start January 2024
Required for January, the Governors are seeing to appoint a highly enthusiastic, qualified and experienced Sports Coach to work with classes across the school, supporting the development of Sport and PE.
The role will include working with a range of groups and whole classes, developing children’s skills, knowledge and positive attitudes through a range of sports and physical education opportunities. The successful candidate will also be required to teach model lessons, in order to ensure continuous high-quality professional development in PE for all staff. The role will also include working in KS2 classes to the support the class teacher during lesson times.
Additionally, the role will include the provision and management of a range of lunchtime activities and after school sports opportunities and clubs. The development of inter class and inter school and regional competitions will also be central to the role.
The school has extensive playing fields, a well-equipped hall and experienced PE curriculum leader in post with whom the successful candidate will work closely.
We can offer:
• Fantastic pupils and a friendly and nurturing Catholic school family
• Support of a team committed to excellence with high expectations
• A committed leadership team, friendly and dedicated staff and supportive governing body
We are looking for someone special who:
• Is passionate about sport for all pupils
- Has the motivation and determination to secure the best possible outcomes for all children
- Is skilled in all aspects of PE in the primary school curriculum
• Has experience in teaching PE to both boys and girls
• Has proven, effective positive behaviour management skills
• Is a practicing catholic or sympathetic to the strong catholic ethos of our parish school
• Is an excellent practitioner with high expectations and aspirations for the children and classroom based experience
• Has the ability to work as part of a team and be flexible to the needs and priorities of the school
- Excellent communication skills leading to effective relationships with pupils, parents and other staff
- Is resourceful, pro-active and well-organised
• Is committed to extra-curricular provision
• Demonstrates a commitment to Equal Opportunities
• Is efficient in record keeping, written and oral communication
• Is willing to participate in further training and development opportunities
Visits to the school are encouraged and warmly welcomed
St Mary’s Catholic Primary School is committed to safeguarding all of its students. All staff are required to adhere to our safeguarding policies and procedures, have good references and undertake full police checks. Candidates will be asked during interview questions around safeguarding children.
For further details and an application pack, please contact
Please note only applications submitted on the most recent CES application form will be accepted.
Applications returned to email@example.com
Closing date: Friday 8th December (Midday)
Shortlisting date: Friday 8th December
Task and Interview dates: Wednesday 13th December