Below you will find our finalised admissions policies for the academic years 2022-2023, 2023-2024 and 2024-2025:-
For general admissions information, please visit Tameside LA’s website at http://www.tameside.gov.uk/admissions
As St Mary's is a Voluntary Aided School, we do ask for additional information, to support your application, including birth certificate and baptismal certificate, as well as proof of address. As we are unable to hold an open evening at this time, you can watch the short video clip, which shows the Reception learning environment (see below).
Admission appeals are managed by Tameside LA and further information can be found here http://www.tameside.gov.uk/admissions
- An application can be made for a place for a child at any time outside the admission round and the child will be admitted where there are available places. An application should be made to the school by completing the in-year admissions application form and returning it to https://www.tameside.gov.uk/admissions#_How_to_Apply_3
- Where there are places available but more applications than places, the published oversubscription criteria, as set out in the admission arrangements will be applied. Please see the admission arrangements in the policy above. Parents are advised to read the admission arrangements carefully before making their application.
- If there are no places available, the child will be added to the waiting list. Please see the admission arrangements for more details.
- You will be advised of the outcome of your application in writing as soon as possible. Applicants must be informed of the outcome of their application within 15 school days of receipt, but the aim is to notify applicants of the outcome of their application within 10 school days of receipt.
- You have the right to appeal to an independent appeal panel if your application is unsuccessful. Admission appeals are managed by Tameside LA and further information can be found here https://www.tameside.gov.uk/admissions
- If you have any questions in relation to in-year admissions please contact the Headteacher, Saint Mary’s Catholic Primary School, Cheetham Hill Road, Dukinfield, Tameside, SK16 5LB. You may also wish to discuss in-year applications with the local authority https://www.tameside.gov.uk/admissions
Admissions Consultation for 2025/2026
The Governing Body of St Mary’s Catholic Primary School is carrying out a consultation on the proposed admission arrangements for school for admission in September 2025.
Admission arrangements are the overall procedure, practices and oversubscription criteria used in deciding the allocation of school places. The consultation is being carried out by the Governing Body who are the admission authority.
The Governing Body is consulting with:
- Parents of children between 2 and 18
- People in the relevant area who may have an interest in proposed admissions, e.g. local councillors, MPs
- Local Primary Schools and childcare providers
- Tameside LA and all neighbouring Local Authorities
- Shrewsbury Diocese
- Visitors to the School website
- Members of the local community through the school newsletter
- Followers on social media.
The consultation will run from Monday 27th November 2023 until Monday 8th January 2024.
Responses and all other correspondence on this matter should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org